Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

What I've Been Up To

I've been absentee for a while.  I feel like we've been in a whirlwind and we're finally starting to get caught up.

Sort of.

We've had a lot of stuff going on lately so here is a quick update on the lives of the Myers family.

1) I've been getting, well, large.  I'll be 22 weeks tomorrow and painting my toenails this morning was all but impossible.  In fact, I vowed to only have my toenails painted professionally until this one comes out.  This pregnancy is a whole lot different than the first.  I'm carrying more out front than I was with Cooper.  And I mean OUT FRONT.  Girlfriend is large and in charge folks.  I have a check-up on Wednesday.  As I try to stay off of the scales in between visits, I'm scared of what they might say.

Prayers are welcome.

2) Nate has started coaching an 8th grade baseball team.  In fact, we spent a large part of our day today at the ballpark for a double header.  It's so much fun to go watch.  He seems to be in his element.  It makes me wish that I would have known him when he was playing.

Well, kind of.  Because I tell Nate all the time that I never would have married him if I would have known him while he was in college.  There were a lot of shenanigans. 

3) Did I mention that we're having a baby girl?  The three of us went to see the ultrasound at 18 weeks.  We had the technician write down the sex on a piece of paper (without telling us) and then we made the long drive out to Lake Monroe.

Lake Monroe has a lot of significance to us.  Nate and I had our first date there, we were engaged there, and we found out that Cooper was going to be a boy there.  So it was only fitting that we find out the sex of baby #2.

We are excited and anxious about having a little girl.  We know boys.  We have a boy.  Girls are a whole different ballgame.  While I dread the middle school years, I can't wait to go prom dress shopping and plan a wedding and all of the fun things. 

But I'm a little concerned about my wallet.

4) Lola was given a new home.  Cooper has been a very sick little boy.  A constant runny nose and constant ear infections were just a few of the things.  We're trying to cut out everything that we can to make things better for him.  So we gave him to my wonderful friends Ben and Kelley McClain.  Folks, this girl is living the high life.  She is treated like a queen.  They take her on trips, she goes on walks frequently, she gets new collars for different seasons, etc.  I'd say she doesn't miss us too much.  I do miss her little smushy face though.

5) Speaking of Cooper, he's growing like a weed and he's a total doll face.  He loves to play basketball on the hoop that Nannie and Pa bought him for Christmas, and he throws a total fit when we try to bring him in from the outside.  He is an outdoors boy if I've ever seen one.  He loves to go on walks and he loves to ride in his little car.  He is currently learning ABC's and he will tell you the sound that any animal makes if you ask him.  Knock on wood, he has been free of sickness for quite a while now and we feel very happy about this!  Let's hope it stays that way!

6) School is out in just four weeks.  FOUR WEEKS!  I can't believe it.  But as soon as we're out, Mission: Nursery will go into full effect.  We have, well, nothing.  I mean, girlfriend's already got a ton of clothes, but she has nowhere to sleep.  Her room is full of scrapbooking things, old prom/bridesmaid/formal dresses, and stuff that we have no idea what to do with.  So, who wants to help? :)

Between school, being a Mama and wife, and finding time to eat (obviously) and sleep we've been pretty busy around here.  I've written down all kinds of ideas for this blog.  And hopefully, since things seem to be **kind of** slowing down, I'll have more time to sit down and write.  I love doing it.  It's such a release. 

Yes.  I need to blog more.  Yes.  I'm GOING to blog more.

Glad we got that settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment